By Jon Duckett
- Shows internet builders tips to make the transition from HTML to XHTML, an XML-based reformulation of HTML that gives better layout flexibility
- Demonstrates how one can paintings with CSS (Cascading type Sheets)-now supported via 90 percentage of browsers and critical to new site-building instruments from Macromedia and others-and enforce a constant variety all through and whole website
- Explains easy methods to make a website available to individuals with impaired imaginative and prescient, restricted hand use, dyslexia, and different issues-now a felony requirement for lots of websites within the U.S. and the U.K.
Read or Download Accessible XHTML and CSS Web sites problem, design, solution PDF
Best web programming books
While the remainder layout philosophy has captured the mind's eye of net and firm builders alike, utilizing this method of enhance genuine net providers is not any picnic. This cookbook comprises greater than a hundred recipes that can assist you benefit from relaxation, HTTP, and the infrastructure of the net. You'll research how one can layout RESTful internet providers for consumer and server purposes that meet functionality, scalability, reliability, and safeguard ambitions, it doesn't matter what programming language and improvement framework you employ.
each one recipe contains one or challenge statements, with easy-to-follow, step by step directions for fixing them, in addition to examples utilizing HTTP requests and responses, and XML, JSON, and Atom snippets. You'll additionally get implementation guidance, and a dialogue of the professionals, cons, and trade-offs that include every one resolution.
* the best way to layout assets to fulfill quite a few software situations
* effectively layout representations and URIs
* enforce the hypertext constraint utilizing hyperlinks and hyperlink headers
* comprehend whilst and the way to exploit Atom and AtomPub
* comprehend what and what to not do to help caching
* how one can enforce concurrency keep watch over
* take care of complicated use instances related to copying, merging, transactions, batch processing, and partial updates
* safe net providers and aid OAuth
This can be the 1st and in basic terms e-book to educate HTML and CSS simultaneously--the manner they're used! store time and develop your productiveness via studying tips on how to contain CSS hooks in HTML markup from the beginning. Easy-to-follow tutorials besides insights from an skilled teacher/author, make this ebook excellent for starting net designers and bloggers.
Flex 2 and three are extremely popular new applied sciences from Adobe for growing wealthy web functions, which many internet builders are embracing. There are a number of beginner's books in the market, yet this ebook is different—it goals to stick to on from these books, supplying already skilled Flex builders with over a hundred actual international suggestions to universal improvement difficulties they're more likely to stumble upon of their each day paintings.
What's the web of items? Its billions of embedded pcs, sensors, and actuators all attached on-line. when you have uncomplicated programming talents, you should use those robust little units to create quite a few invaluable systems—such as a tool that waters crops while the soil turns into dry. This hands-on consultant indicates you the way to begin development your personal enjoyable and engaging tasks.
- Google Maps Mashups with Google Mapplets (Firstpress)
- PHP Developer's Cookbook
- Sams teach yourself ASP.NET 2.0 in 24 hours
- ASP.Net 3.5 Social Networking
- Mastering Symfony
Additional resources for Accessible XHTML and CSS Web sites problem, design, solution
For example, a rule in the style sheet might indicate that all level 1 headings should be written in a dark blue, size 5, Arial font. This approach has many other advantages. For example, several documents can share the same style sheet, making it possible to create a single set of rules to be used to style every page of a site. Conversely, each document could be attached to different style sheets to make the same content appear in a different manner. If you still need convincing, here is a summary of the key advantages of separating style rules from content: ❑ The content has been freed up.
Once you have created an XHTML version of the site that uses CSS to control presentation and layout, you are already a long way towards creating an accessible site; however, you need to be aware of many more issues, which are covered in these chapters. You will be looking at different aspects of a site and the guidelines that cover each aspect; for example, providing text alternatives to nontext content (such as images, video, and audio) so that visually impaired users can still use the site to creating accessible forms and tables.
Furthermore, if each new device required its own language, then it would have been harder for these devices to gain acceptance, because content would have to be developed especially for them if they were going to be a success. As you will see in the last chapter of this book, the W3C’s solution has made it possible for all devices, both today and in the future, to use languages based upon XHTML; but you have a way to go before you can look at working with multiple devices. In reality, when it comes to developing sites for different platforms, rather than creating static sites for each device, the pages are more likely to be dynamically generated from content in a database.