By Shu-Heng Chen, Takao Terano, Ryuichi Yamamoto, Chung-Ching Tai
This quantity is a post-conference book of the 4th international Congress on Social Simulation (WCSS), with contents chosen from one of the eighty papers initially awarded on the convention. WCSS is a biennial occasion, together equipped via 3 clinical groups in computational social technological know-how, specifically, the Pacific-Asian organization for Agent-Based process in Social platforms Sciences (PAAA), the ecu Social Simulation organization (ESSA), and the Computational Social technology Society of the Americas (CSSSA). it truly is, as a result, presently the main in demand convention within the region of agent-based social simulation. The papers chosen for this quantity supply a holistic view of the present improvement of social simulation, indicating the instructions for destiny learn and growing a big archival rfile and milestone within the background of computational social technological know-how. in particular, the papers incorporated the following disguise enormous development in synthetic monetary markets, macroeconomic forecasting, provide chain administration, financial institution networks, social networks, city making plans, social norms and crew formation, cross-cultural experiences, political celebration festival, balloting habit, computational demography, computational anthropology, evolution of languages, public future health and epidemics, AIDS, safety and terrorism, methodological and epistemological concerns, empirical-based agent-based modeling, modeling of experimental social technological know-how, gaming simulation, cognitive brokers, and participatory simulation. additionally, pioneering experiences in a few new study parts, reminiscent of the theoretical foundations of social simulation and express social technology, are also integrated within the volume.
Read or Download Advances in Computational Social Science: The Fourth World Congress PDF
Similar world books
Bodies and physique techniques advanced to permit our ancestors the easiest likelihood of survival as hunter-gatherers within the Savannah. Our brains, however, have developed intelligence, mind's eye, and foresight, permitting us to depart all different creatures at the back of, and improve advanced societies, cultures, and existence, a ways faraway from these of our ancestors.
"Organization layout: The Collaborative method specializes in the data and techniques required to address the type of routine organizational swap that every one companies face. this doesn't contain reworking the total firm, yet necessitates major switch on the enterprise unit, divisional, useful or neighborhood degrees.
- World Population Prospects: The 2006 Revision - Volume I: Comprehensive Tables (Population Studies)
- Onward Christian Soldiers: An American Journalist's Dissident Look at World War II
- Proceedings of the FISITA 2012 World Automotive Congress: Volume 6: Vehicle Electronics
- Histories of the Irish Future
- Emergency and Disaster Medicine: Proceedings of the Third World Congress Rome, May 24–27, 1983
- Aircraft Mechanics Handbook - A Collection of Facts, Suggestions...
Extra info for Advances in Computational Social Science: The Fourth World Congress
6) j D1 Likewise, we can consider links based on the congruence between advertised and preferred products (product congruence). The extent of this congruence is calculated by Eq. 7) kD1 Although it seems unrealistic to assume that readers choose blogs based on the advertising of their favorite products, product congruence could be a good proxy for similarity in taste for consumption. In addition, if affiliates are able to find an ad mix that is most congruent to the target readers’ product preferences, the resulting links will maximize this congruence.
This approach also provides more reliable information to avoid sample bias. 4 Simulation Firstly, we repeatedly generated agents by bootstrapping, resulting in 50 samples involving 100 affiliates and 1,000 readers. Secondly, for each bootstrap sample, we constructed different link structures corresponding to the following sets of parameters in Eq. 0; 0; 1/; where the first component represents whether to consider the strength of random noise in link formation; the second, topic congruence; and the third, product congruence.
The choice of advertised products (ad mix) is routinized as a strategy. Thus, we consider the following two strategies: local imitation and random walk strategies. By simulating the model and varying the parameters, we examine which conditions and what kind of strategy could yield larger revenues. The rest of this chapter is organized as follows. In Sect. 2, we show the key findings from the surveys related to our modeling. In Sect. 3, we describe the formulation of our model. In Sects. 5, we describe the simulation procedure and present the results.